Date Modified: 15 January 2016
By visiting this website (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age and no one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
If you are under 13 you are not permitted to:
- use or provide any information on the Website or register on the Website or use or provide any information though any of the Website’s feature;
- make any purchases through the Website;
- use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website; or
- otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the Contact Information below.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- personal data you provide to us by filling in forms on, or otherwise contacting us via, the Website;
- personal data to provide to us when downloading and using any of our mobile applications;
- personal data you provide to us when you attend any of our events;
- personal data you provide if you subscribe or request any of our services or if you enter into a competition or promotion run by us;
- personal data you provide to us when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise; and
- personal data you provide when applying for a job advertised or submitting a speculative job application and/or C.V.
When you use the Website or any of our mobile applications, we may automatically collect the following information which may include personal data:
- technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time);
- products you viewed or searched for;
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
- methods used to browse away from the webpage
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an e-mail] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also receive information about you from:
- your use of any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide;
- third parties (including, for example, our authorised dealers, subsidiary companies, group partners, third party suppliers and other interested partners) who we work closely with.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
The personal data you submit to us is used for any of the following purposes as well as for any purpose specified at the time of collection:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods, services and events we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected authorised dealers, subsidiary companies, group partners, third party suppliers and other interested parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your personal data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- we may share your personal data with our authorised dealers, subsidiary companies, group partners, third party suppliers and other interested parties to undertake the activities listed above or for such other purpose specified at the time of collection;
- we may share your personal data with our group companies and affiliates or third party data processers who may process data on our behalf to enable us to carry out our usual business practices;
- to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to protect and defend our rights or property;
- to deal with any misuse of the Website;
- to sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in whole or in part including to any potential buyer or their advisers; and
Your credit card number, bank account and other financial information will not be revealed to anyone, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so pursuant to credit card rules, a court order or other legal process.
WHEN DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OVERSEAS?
We may transfer, store and/or process the personal data we collect from you outside the USA. In particular, this may happen as some of our authorised dealers, group companies, group partners, third party suppliers and other interested partners to whom we may transfer personal data may be located outside of the USA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing.
Whilst we will use our best efforts to ensure the security of your personal data please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an letter/e-mail stating your request and using the Contact Information set out below.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an letter/e-mail stating your request and using the Contact Information set out below.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
When you use our Website and provide us with your personal data you are agreeing that we may use your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy.
You have the right to:
- request that we stop sending you marketing information. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us on the Contact Information details set out below.
- apply to review the data we hold about you; and
- request that we correct or remove any personal data which we hold about you which you believe is inaccurate or out of date. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect
You can exercise the above rights by contacting us using the Contact Information set out below.
In addition, if you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 you may request that certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact by email or letter using the Contact Information set out below.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This policy only applies to this Website. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites including (but not limited to) those of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
CONTACT INFORMATION AND OPT-OUT INFORMATION
Please contact us if you would like to make corrections to any personal data you have provided to us or if you no longer wish to receive future correspondence from us or wish to withdraw your consent to sharing your personal data with others.
The contact details are as follows: [email protected]
Please include your name and address so we are able to easily identify you.
If you would prefer to contact us via post please send any correspondence to the below address:
McLaren Technology Centre
CALL TRACKING AND RECORDING
We use telephone tracking numbers to link a user’s call to the marketing channel that they originated from. This is done using cookies, you can choose to decline cookies if you would prefer not to be tracked.
We may record calls for training or monitoring purposes.